Sherline & Taig R8 (ATC-TTS), ER25, ER32, ER40 & ER50 Headstocks
As you probably know, Taig and Sherline are about the most popular small machine brands. However, you may also know about the headstock limitations...
Sherline & Taig Mills - They are a good little headstock, but they just aren't designed to hold very big or odd cutters. Also, they aren't very robust when it comes to bearings and headstock "meat". For guys who want to do quick changes or Tormach Tooling System, manual or as an Automatic Tool Changer, this really becomes impossible. Not anymore! You can now grab a R8 headstock from us. Plus, we offer a variety of bearing options to choose from.
Sherline & Taig Lathe - Again, there are several challenges with the OEM headstock. For some, it's a big challenge when it comes to the lathe through hole size...it's super tiny. For others, it's precision work holding. Because of those issues, you can now get an ER25, 32, 40 or 50. If you use our heavy duty headstock casing, you can choose from ABEC-5, ABEC-7 or ABEC-9 bearings...angular contact or deep groove. The OEM headstock casing choices are ABEC-5 or ABEC-7, deep groove or angular contact.
- Your choice of Sherline OEM headstock casing or our Heavy Duty Commercial Headstock casing.
- Sealed Deep Groove or Angular Contact Bearing options
- ABEC-5 & ABEC-7 OEM Sherline headstocks
- Also, ABEC-9 Angular Contact option for GlockCNC Heavy Duty Headstocks
- Mounts directly to Sherline mills & lathes
- Taig Lathe or Mill will require our adapter
- Heavy Duty Headstocks have much larger 62mm OD bearings for superior life and workload
- ER through hole of .53" and .79" option for ER32, 40, 50